Sunday, April 30, 2006

Day of Contemplation

Another day off. So I spent some time wandering around. Came across the post cemetery. This place was a buffalo soldier outpost in the 1880’s. I went up to the top of the base and looked across the area. I decided to go to the boarder but did not cross. The crossing did not look that impressive. On the way I saw what I thought was an old adobe house. I stopped to a picture of the place. It’s for sale if you want it only half mile from the boarder. Turns out it’s not that old and not adobe. It was a straw bale house. Still I thought it looked interesting. Anyway things are not always what you think. I keep looking for that special picture. Not yet. Although I saw a road runner today and pulled over to get him, but he ran away before the camera was ready.


For those left behind


Quiet shaddy place


Poor Shorten Bread died 1903



Over looking the base


Fake adobe house

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nnnnnbbbbeeep beep!

9:48 PM  
Blogger Rhett said...

Great pictures as usual. How are things this week? Good I hope.

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home