Wednesday, March 29, 2006

It's a go

Hi all, things have been quite busy of late. I got a call to report to DC for the special stuff. So, that cleared the way for the once canceled trip to go forward. I took the week off to be at home with the girls on Spring Break. Did most if not all of the medical things to get ready. Did some legal stuff, and got generally ready to leave. We went to Chicago to the field Museum and had a good time there. As of now it looks like the middle of April I will go to train for the job. And by May will be there. Most people don’t know and don’t need to know. We now have moved into the age of broadband. We have wireless setup at the house. The dear wife does not like the antenna, it is kind of garish. But if it will allow use to talk and see each other over there it’s all good. Did you know that American cell phones only work here. That’s right the rest of the world is on another type of system that does not need so many towers. So I have to get a new phone for over there. Right now we are in the prepare mode again. On vacation we did 3 cord of wood, on cord of starter (pine). Electrical work, chicken house work, what if work and so forth. At this point I want to get started and not have to wait too much longer. Little one seemed to be ok she has had two crying spells, one at school. I think the whole thing will be fine. When I get back they said I could stay here or go to any other office, even the new one (Savannah). That was temping, but I guess we’ll stay right here.

Now pictures of the trip.

We stayed here The Purple Hotel
Nice 30 years ago now aged

Windy City I guess

Inside main hall

Here's looking at you

I can fly if I try

Almost like flying

Chicago skyline

Missing did not see, gangsters, Oprah, or anything that appealing to live in a big city. Hated the crowds, tolls, traffic, and the general closed in feel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home