Wednesday, February 15, 2006

A little explanation. I met my lovely wife in California, we got married in Texas and now live in Wisconsin. We did all this over a year and a half. During the whole time I met one sister of her family. I asked her father for her hand over the phone. Never met or saw the family before hand. It was 7 months into the marriage when we came to Wisconsin to visit. Her parents threw us a wedding party. I was a blast except her family is large and for years afterward she would say remember so and so, he was at the wedding party. There must have been 150-200 people there. I did remember anyone. Anyway they are 100% Polish, and I felt that they did not really accept me until they found out I was at least part Polish (about 10%). And that I could play trumpet, which in turn meant I could play in the Polka band if needed. Her brothers have a Polka band and play around the city in the winter. They are pretty good. And ever once in a while they ask me to play. The last time was a few weeks ago. The dance hall, yes they still have them in Wisconsin, was packed. Old and young, no really quite a few teenagers were there. I went to play but they had asked other Polka friends to play as well. No kidding we had 7 trumpets, 2 clarinets, a concertina, an accordion, a sax, drums, bass, and other rhythm type crap. That's 15 a normal band is maybe 5. It was great fun. Here are a few shots I took. Two brothers are picture one was absent hence I was there to fill in.



Marv the drummer notice the cymbal warped from 30 years of use

Brother-inlaw Dale

Brother-inlaw Bryan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home