Monday, January 16, 2006

More work

Well, spent the weekend with some house prep. We use wood to heat part of the old farm house, so wood has to cut, split, and put away. Seems like we use alot. Three to four cords. That is a stack 4 feet high, 24 inches deep an 12 feet long. We got 1 1/2 cord put away over the last two weekends. To make until I get back (if I go), I need to put away 6 cord. Geez my back hurts already. The majority of this wood is dead wood. We have a disease called oak wilt that is killing off parts of the woods around us. No real way to stop it. It can kill a mature tree in a year. Starves the tree to death. Anyway, I have enough for this season, now I start on next season. This is not temting the fates of getting too much ready, I have to do this every year. It's just this year I will do extra.

The rest of the cat hurd minus one.


Boris and Walter (the old boys)


James T. Cat the Crazied One




Amy The Queen of Mean

1 Comments:

Blogger Rhett said...

Hello! I found your blog off of CAP's posting. You mentioned that you had just started blogging so I thought I would check it out. I have just started as well, and need to post BADLY but haven't found the time in the last week. I too am from SC. I just wanted to pop in and say, "Hi!" and let you know that I really like your page and your cat pics :) I will be checking back in if that's okay to see how your trip plans are coming along. Take care of yourself and be careful when you go over there!

5:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home