Wednesday, January 25, 2006

The Visit

We had a dear friend over visit over the weekend. She has been my wife's friend since high school and they have had all sorts of adventures along the way. We went to eat at a local bar and grill with a good rep. The front entry is an old brew keg (1,000 gallons) that they have cut for an air space. Here in Wisconsin they usually have two doors to a building or house. So as to form a kind of airlock. You go in one and close the door and then go into the real door. I guess the theory is to not let all the heat escape. Anyway their air lock is a hugh oak keg that was used by the local brewery for many years. The food was good I had a "pork bar-b-que" sandwich. I debated long and hard over the choice. I thought well why not they are suppose to be good. I swear to God it looked like dog food. No sause, it wasn't dry but only had a hint of bbq flavor to it. I should have known better. The others were pleased with their meals. I guess you wouldn't go to Atlanta for glumpkie, or chaff, or brats so why do I always fall for that trick.

Good luck to CareBear on your trip. And still no word from the job.

The last of the cats but surely not the least.

Emily

Point that at me again and I give you a present on your pillow.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the good thoughts... sorry I didn't get to say good-bye to you... I'll have access to the internet while I'm gone so I'll check in daily. PS: I didn't know about the keg until I read it! HA! See, you learn somehting new everyday!

8:21 AM  
Blogger Steph said...

I'm recently transplanted also, and saw a pulled pork bbq sandwich on a menu - with cheese.

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home