Monday, July 24, 2006

Nonsensible Rambleings of a Wasted Mind

Amazing you don’t feel old until comparisons are made. I don’t feel my age most days, I feel the same as I always have. I maybe wiser than I was, (shut up) But when we talk around here I find out one I would be retired by now if I went in after High School, be a Major by now if I would have come in right after college, or be on my last tour if I would have stayed in. Most of the E-4 and below would have been my students when I was teaching. The guys in the hut are pretty good. Helped some with some remodeling gives you a little more room to rearrange some. The oldest in the hut is 26, His mom is 45 holy crap. One girl is 19 gez I have socks older. Nice girl naive and unsullied nature. Ah, let the jading begin. Nothing new on the job front I did get the server moved and built doors for it. One of the most enjoyable things I’ve done building. Putting it in was an adventure. The network was configured wrong dead lines, and a drill happy Major who hit a power line and knocked out half of the Operations Center. Waiting still on the shipment. Supposed to travel with it tomorrow, but if its not here I guess we stay put. My partner has a new friend I call it Haji cat but he has no named it yet. We give it water, cheese, and tuna. Speaking of food the chow has gotten worse lately. They have a weird way of creating menus. It will be Mexican night with most of the sides covering that and then have Swiss steak with it. We had corned beef one night, then three days later the cabbage came. We have stayed put for the month, I am waiting on an outpost to call and say they have upgraded. I don’t want to go back there, Pez is kind of a pain to travel with. I’m torn between what to do If I go down there I can assure that its done but I would miss the shipment. If I don’t hear by the end of week I will go and get it done and spiral out from there. My neck still hurts but its better. The back cracker is working on me. Have added about 80 songs to the IPod bringing the count to 292 some new most oldies. Doobies, Doors, Dire Straits, etc I know oldies depends on when you were young I was going with the current terms. I don’t have a TV and movies and the IPod are my diversions. I hear that the new pirates movie can be gotten at the Bazaar. They can’t get good roads, good treatment of each other here but you can get bootlegged movies almost as quick as they come out in the theater.


they put up the flags outside of the building I do some work in.

I did not buy it but will ask the wife if she wants a special outfit
Camel at the Bazaar $2 for picture

Get the most for your money

Me and Haji Cat

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now you know how we feel!! HA! Old... Great camel shot... can't wait to use that one... maybe I can make one for you to use as a Christmas card.

Sorry to hear about the hurry up & wait business... stay safe!

Cute cat... what a surprise you found a feline!

11:28 AM  
Blogger Who? Me?! said...

Just an aside... not sure the wife is into sequins, but it'd be worth a shot!

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home