Monday, August 06, 2007

Back in the USA

Sorry to anyone who read this meandering drivel. I got side tracked by so many things that it was hard to get in any frame of mind to post at all. The last few months of my deployment were hard in several ways. From problems with replacements, paperwork hassles, pesky Taliban attacks, training problems, problems with customs, and just a general angry feeling that came over me. I have been home almost 2 months now and adjusting seems to be going well. I have calmed down a bit, and am more stable in my emotions. For a while I felt as if everything was out to get me. The cats even seemed to be hostile, but time has calmed me and the cats.


The Good Idea Fairy touched the higher ups a week after I got home.


http://pvtmurphy.com/
I spent a week on vacation, one week at work and then was sent for 2 weeks to train some guys. After the first week there they asked if I would go to Iraq for a few months. Starting 1 July. After some thought and macho chest beating I said no. Not now maybe in a few months after I get back to normal.

I'm just not ready to go back to the Secret Squirrel world just yet. Maybe soon but not now. the toll it took on my daughter and wife is not worth it. I know there are others paying a higher price, and I am not ready to pay it myself. The dear wife says I have done my part. Well, that maybe be true but, I can still do more, we'll see. All for now, I did get some great in my humble opinion shots, I will post those later.

6 Comments:

Blogger Rhett said...

Wow!! Good to see you are home safely. I'm with your wife - Stay home for now - not even the soldiers get called up again that fast. Give your self some time to adjust to life back here before going back into that again.

Glad you are back and doing well.

3:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh dude....

I've been wanting to converse with you, I was wondering how the return home was going, but didn't want to intrude.

My heart skipped a beat when I read about Iraq, I think Rhett is right... give yourself time man... there's more to your anger than just the time before coming home and actually getting home.

I think you know what I mean when I say it's been six years and I'm still carring around emotional baggage and unresolved anger issues with the loss too.

Please let's talk soon! You are still deeply loved even if you are back home and not on foreign soil.

Besides, I want to be really rude and say, "Hey! My idiot brother needs to move the rest of his stuff to the duplex! Can I use your truck?" (Oh and maybe you to help me with the heavy lifting?)

hahahahahahahahahaha!

I'm SO glad you are safe at home!
love,
c

10:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just kidding... I think.

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

10:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah - I've had that experience of getting inexpicably angry at seemingly small things for months after or near the end of a tough mission. You guys get it much tougher in many ways than we human rights folks do (although being the girl who goes in a few days later to interview the widows and orphans isn't so much fun either).

I highly recommend taking your time, as much time as you need. Thanks for your visit to my place. I've done my yoga and meditation in various dusty, noisy tents on various ISAF bases in this country, but I do prefer my quiet little room in our quiet little compound.

8:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude! We want updates! What are you thinking?!

And who's bright idea was it to arm the cats?!

You must now fear Amy even more!

hahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!

9:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome home.

And if your cats are so hostile, maybe we can train them and send THEM to the Middle East as Feline Special Forces.

11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home